Indian Butternut Squash Curry Ingredients
- 200g brown basmati rice 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, diced 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped 400g can chickpeas, rinsed & drained 3 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- small handful coriander, chopped
How to make Indian Butternut Squash Curry
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water, as per pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the butternut squash for 2-3 mins until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and the curry paste and fry for 3-4 mins more.
- Pour over the stock, then cover and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until the squash is tender.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas, then gently cook for 3-4 mins, until the tomatoes slightly soften.
- Take off the heat and stir through the Greek yogurt and chopped coriander.