Spaghetti Carbonara Ingredients
- 2 tbsp butter
- 100g pancetta or thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 350g spaghetti
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 40g freshly grated Parmesan
- 40g freshly grated Pecorino
How to make Spaghetti Carbonara
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the pancetta and garlic, and cook for 5 mins, or until the garlic turns brown.
- Remove and discard the garlic. Continue to cook the pancetta for another 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until al dente, then drain and add to the pancetta.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour in the eggs, add half the Parmesan and half the pecorino, and season with pepper.
- Mix well so that the egg coats the pasta. Add the remaining cheese, mix again, and serve.