Smoked Haddock Chowder Ingredients
- 25g/1oz/2 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 125g/4oz smoked streaky bacon rashers (slices), chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 600ml/1 pint/2½ cups milk
- 450g/1lb potatoes, diced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 140g/5oz frozen sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 450g/1lb skinless smoked haddock fillet, roughly flaked
- salt and ground black pepper
How to make Smoked Haddock Chowder
- Heat the butter in a large, wide saucepan. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add the bacon and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and 600ml/1 pint/2½ cups boiling water. Season with salt and pepper, then add the potatoes, celery and sweetcorn and cook for 10–15 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Stir in the flaked smoked haddock. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- Serve the soup into four bowls and serve hot.